Department of Buiding Safety Commercial Permits
The following information is provided as basic steps and procedures the Department of Building Safety requires for the development of and improvements to commercial buildings. Commercial projects require a licensed contractor and detailed information can be obtained by calling our office: (770) 305-5403
- Contact the Planning and Zoning Department for the requirements of your Site Plan for their department.
- Submit your Septic Approval from Environmental Health Department. Also, if food service is to be included, request information regarding a Food Service Establishment Plan Review. A copy will be required as part of your permit application.
- If required purchase a water meter from the Fayette County Water System. The receipt will be required as part of your permit documents. If not on county water, wells will be indicated on the Environmental Health Permit.
- Contact the Environmental Management Department for any clearing, grading or other land disturbance work if you plan to do the work prior to the issuance of the building permit.
- DOT driveway cut permit, if applicable. A copy will be required as part of your permit application.
- After all the required steps above are completed move forward with the online permitting portion for permitting and plan review submission online at (www.sagesgov.com/fayettecounty-ga). Building Construction plans will be required as part of your permit documents. Construction will not be allowed until a building permit is approved and issued by the Fayette County Department of Building Safety.
- All Fire Marshal Document and Plan Submittals will be through the online submittal portal — www.sagesgov.com/fayettecounty-ga