Department of Buiding Safety New Single Family - Residential Permits
The following information is provided as basic steps and procedures the Department of Building Safety requires for the development of a new single-family residence.
- Contact the Planning and Zoning Department for the requirements of your Site Plan. A Site Plan will be required as part of your permit documents.
- Contact the Environmental Health Department for details on how to obtain a Septic Approval. A signed approval will be required as part of your permit documents.
- If required, purchase a water meter from the Fayette County Water System. The receipt will be required as part of your permit documents. If not on county water, wells will be indicated on the Environmental Health Permit.
- If you are not in a subdivision with curbs and gutters, contact the Public Works Department for a culvert inspection. If located on a state road, you must have a DOT drive cut permit. A copy will be required as part of your permit documents.
- Contact the Environmental Management Department for any clearing, grading or other land disturbance work if you plan to do the work prior to the issuance of the building permit. Also, request information regarding Erosion & Sediment Control Plan and Disturbed Acre Fee requirements for your lot.
- After all the required steps above are completed move forward with the online permitting portion for permitting and plan review submission online at (www.sagesgov.com/fayettecounty-ga). Building Construction plans will be required as part of your permit documents. Construction will not be allowed until a building permit is approved and issued by the Fayette County Department of Building Safety.